Every time something goes missing from the village, Sir Violet, the local knight, makes his way to the dragon’s cave and negotiates the item’s return. It’s annoying, but at least the dragon is polite.
But when the dragon hoards a person, that’s a step too far. Sir Violet storms off to the mountainside to escort the baker home, only to find a more complex mystery—a quest that leads him far beyond the cave. Accompanied by the missing baker’s wife and the dragon himself, the dutiful village knight embarks on his greatest adventure yet.
The Dragon of Ynys is an inclusive fairy tale for all ages.
- Aromantic asexual protagonist
- Lesbian couple supporting characters, one of whom is trans
- Otherwise Award longlist nominee
- Corey Alexander’s review of a previously published version; Corey’s concerns were addressed in the 2020 rerelease, but I could not find detailed discussion of the changes or how they were implemented.
- Kathryn Speckels’s review
- Surbhi Sinha’s review
- Polly’s review
- More reviews by trans readers of the 2020 version needed.
Where to Find
- Published September 15th 2020 by Atthis Arts, LLC
- Paperback ISBN13: 9781945009686