The lush city of Palmares Tres shimmers with tech and tradition, with screaming gossip casters and practiced politicians. In the midst of this vibrant metropolis, June Costa creates art that’s sure to make her legendary. But her dreams of fame become something more when she meets Enki, the bold new Summer King. The whole city falls in love with him including June’s best friend, Gil. But June sees more to Enki than amber eyes and a lethal samba. She sees a fellow artist.
Together, June and Enki will stage explosive, dramatic projects that Palmares Tres will never forget. They will add fuel to a growing rebellion against the governments strict limits on new tech. And June will fall deeply, unfortunately in love with Enki. Because like all Summer Kings before him, Enki is destined to die.
- Bisexual Latina protagonist
- M/F/F polyamorous love triangle
- Nominated for the National Book Award for Young People’s Literature, Locus Award, Andre Norton Award, and Bisexual Book Award
- Included on the Otherwise Honor List
Where to Find
- Published March 1st 2013 by Arthur A. Levine / Scholastic
- Hardcover (ISBN13: 9780545417792)
- Paperback isbn13: 9782221134856
- Ebook isbn13: 9780545520775