So You Want to Be a Robot by A. Merc Rustad
Step one: forget the convention and disregard the binary. Gender? Sexuality? Old words unsuited for new consciousness. The twenty-one stories in this book challenge the imagination as only acclaimed author A. Merc Rustad can. Pages of robots and AIs constructing lives and exploring “humanity”; wasted worlds with monstrous cityhearts; assassins and the perils of enchanted labyrinths; and always the raw truths of love, loss, and devotion.
Step two: read these science-fiction and fantasy tales as if they are the only stories you will discover on your bookshelf this day.
Step three: dare to feel.
- A mix of queer identities, including multiple stories with trans protagonists
- The title story “How to Become a Robot in 12 Easy Steps” has an aro ace protagonist
- “The Gentleman of Chaos” has a trans man protagonist
Help grow this entry by providing content warnings. Comment below or email email@example.com.
Where to Find
- Published May 6th 2017 by Lethe Press (first published May 2017)
- Paperback (ISBN13: 9781590216415)