A writer of whimsy and passion, Sandra McDonald has collected her most evocative short fiction to offer readers in Diana Comet and Other Improbable Stories. A beautiful adventuress from the ancient city of New Dalli sets off to reclaim her missing lover. What secrets does she hide beneath her silk skirts? A gay cowboy flees the Great War in search of true love and the elusive undead poet Whit Waltman, but at what cost? A talking statue sends an abused boy spinning through a great metropolis, dodging pirates and search for a home. On these quests, you will meet macho firefighters, tiny fairies, collapsible musicians, lady devils and vengeful sea witches. These are stories to stir the heart and imagination.
- Mix of queer identities, primarily queer women
- Multiple stories center Diana Comet, a trans woman
- Won the Lambda Literary Award and the Rainbow Award
Where to Find
- Published July 28th 2010 by Lethe Press (first published May 18th 2010)
- Paperback ISBN13: 9781590210949