A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson
Long after the Towers left the world but before the dragons came to Daluça, the emperor brought his delegation of gods and diplomats to Olorum. As the royalty negotiates over trade routes and public services, the divinity seeks arcane assistance among the local gods.
Aqib bgm Sadiqi, fourth-cousin to the royal family and son of the Master of Beasts, has more mortal and pressing concerns. His heart has been captured for the first time by a handsome Daluçan soldier named Lucrio. In defiance of Saintly Canon, gossiping servants, and the furious disapproval of his father and brother, Aqib finds himself swept up in a whirlwind romance. But neither Aqib nor Lucrio know whether their love can survive all the hardships the world has to throw at them.
- Black bisexual male protagonist
- Nominated for the Hugo Award, World Fantasy Award, Nebula Award, Locus Award,
- Liz Bourke’s review
- Laura’s review
- Cam’s review
- Reviews from black MLM readers needed
Where to Find
- Published October 25th 2016 by Tor.com
- Paperback isbn13: 9780765390042