Homesick: Stories by Nino Cipri
Dark, irreverent, and truly innovative, the speculative stories in Homesick meditate on the theme of home and our estrangement from it, and what happens when the familiar suddenly shifts into the uncanny. In stories that foreground queer relationships and transgender or nonbinary characters, Cipri delivers the origin story for a superhero team comprised of murdered girls; a housecleaner discovering an impossible ocean in her least-favorite clients’ house; a man haunted by keys that appear suddenly in his throat; and a team of scientists and activists discovering the remains of a long-extinct species of intelligent weasels.
In the spirit of Laura van den Berg, Emily Geminder, Chaya Bhuvaneswar, and other winners of the Dzanc Short Story Collection Prize, Nino Cipri’s debut collection announces the arrival of a brilliant and wonderfully unpredictable writer with a gift for turning the short story on its ear.
- Pansexual, neurodivergent cisgender man
- Lesbian cisgender Jewish woman
- Transgender white man
- Queer white cisgender man
- Latino transgender man
- Native (Sincangyu Lakota) bisexual cisgender man
- Korean-American transgender woman
Where to Find
- Published October 15th 2019 by Dzanc Books
- Paperback (ISBN13: 9781945814952)