A gender-confused farmer desperate to reclaim her farm and escape her stepparents’ abuse. A closeted prince more interested in helping his people than finding a bride. A fairy godfather with a ton of secrets and no powers. In this diverse fairy tale, everyone is searching for a happy ending.
The masquerade ball to find Prince Longhollow’s future bride might be Cynthia Lynah’s best chance at getting her family farm back. If she can marry him, she’ll have all the money and power she needs. Her newly discovered fairy godfather is ready to help her, but his magic can’t do anything to stop her heart from falling for two women she shouldn’t be attracted to–her stepsisters. In the midst of her flirtations, she causes her fairy godfather to lose his magic and stirs trouble for the prince desperate to save his nation from a famine.
Everyone gets a chance to be the hero of their story, but happy endings seem impossible when they need more than magic to make them happen.
- Black, gay protagonist with a dairy intolerance (Prince Longhollow)
- Genderqueer, polyamorous protagonist attracted to women (Cyn)
- Aromantic pansexual trans male main character (the fairy godfather)
- The novel also includes a fat lesbian character and a disabled lesbian character
Note: Chapters with explicit sex scenes are marked with an asterisk.
Where to Find
- Published July 24th 2019 by Chace Verity
- Paperback isbn13: 9781076901132